Upholstery & Furnishings
TVD UPHOLSTERY SERVICES
- TVD can upholster vintage furniture, custom headboards, ottomans, window seats, squabs, outdoor seating…nothing is off limits!
- Tracey can help with fabric selection and can supply a range of quality fabrics from NZ leading fabric houses.
- Repairs shaky joints and refinishes wood surfaces.
- Tracey uses a wide range of finishes including traditional French polishing.
- Replaces and springs, padding/fibre, webbing, fabric.
- Everything is crafted In-house.
There’s a perception that upholstery is an expensive option, however when you consider some factors it really is not. Upholstery involves the complete strip down of the furniture and replacement of new components such as springs, webbing, fibre, stuffing, padding and upholstery fabric. The result is a quality piece that not only looks new but it has been custom upholstered to suit your requirements. It is also a nice idea to know that you are extending the life of something, slowing down consumerism and in turn supporting a more sustainable future.
Firstly, decide if your furniture is worth reupholstering.
Some positive points to consider could be:
- It is constructed well with good joints and made with quality materials such as hardwood, rare exotic or native timbers.
- It has sentimental value or it is an heirloom with family history.
- It is an unique piece that you can visualise making a statement in your home.
fabrics & components
TVD UPHOLSTERY PROCESS
- Please email TVD a photograph of the item you’d like upholstered, and some details of the type of work you’d like done. We can then access whether it is worth getting done.
- TVD will visit you at your home to take measurements.
- You’ll then receive a written estimate via email for the work.
- Tracey can recommend and provide you with a range of fabric samples from fabric houses such as Warwick and Textilia. Or your welcome to supply your own suitable upholstery fabric.
- Once you’ve approved the estimate, Tracey will then purchase the fabric on your behalf and will arrange the furniture to be picked up from your home.
- When the furniture is ready Tracey will make contact and arrange to deliver it back to your home.
TVD makes beautiful custom drapes including box and inverted french pleat as well as roman blinds and cushions for your home interior.
Tracey Vickers Design can source a range of quality fabrics from leading fabric houses, and offers supply and installation of custom Windoware Tracks, Blinds & Hardware.
TVD FURNISHINGS PROCESS
- TVD will visit you at your home to take measurements and discuss your furnishing design requirements.
- Tracey can recommend and provide you with a range of fabric samples from fabric houses such as Warwick and Textilia.
- A $60 deposit is required on ordering samples.
- TVD also offers supply and installation of Windoware Tracks, Blinds and Hardware.
- Once samples arrive TVD will arrange a viewing time within the week.
- Once sample is selected you’ll then receive a written estimate via email for the work.
- Once you’ve approved the estimate, Tracey will then purchase the fabric.
- When the furnishings are ready Tracey will make contact and arrange delivery and installation in your home.